Monday, November 10, 2008

Giving+Thanks

On Sunday At SHIFT, Northwood Church's middle school environment, we started a new series called "Giving+Thanks".  I'm excited to teach about thankfulness not just because it's the time of year but because I need to be more thankful myself.  I encouraged the students on Sunday to pause and focus on what they have been given by God and others.  You simply have to pause to think about life every now and then or you will miss out on the best parts of it.  And you have to focus (see clearly) on how great those best parts of life are or you won't be grateful.  No pause, no focus=ungrateful.  So that's the thanks part.

This Sunday we will focus on the giving.  Instead of a regular service we will all work together to fill food boxes to give away Nov.23rd at the Turkey Outreach.  Our church members will be going out to the neighborhoods of North Charleston to deliver Thanksgiving meals to those in need.  

I'm excited because we aren't just talking about giving+thanks, we are doing it.

I had a huge "pause and focus" moment the other day when I saw this clip:







No comments: