Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Halloween

Our church administrator called on Thursday to ask me (I'm really not sure if he was asking or telling) if I would drive the school bus for Northwood Academy for the football trip to Hilton Head, SC.  I agreed.  
What's the best thing about driving a school bus?  Free food.  We stopped at McDonald's and they give free meals to bus drivers so I loaded up with the works: qtr pounder, coke, milk shake and apple pie.
What's the worst thing about driving a school bus?  Everything but the free food.  But I did listen to some podcasts by Francis Chan and Ed Young along the way.
It was a great game!  Northwood played great defense against a very good passing team.  17-14 Final.  Northwood is conference champs!
Meanwhile Christina had the girls by herself on halloween and didn't know what to do with them.  Some of our friends already had plans and so she was bummed until our neighbor came over with her 2 boys and invited them to go trick or treating with them.  Our neighbors really saved the day.  They had an awesome time.  Especially Ella, who really enjoyed her first trick or treat experience.

No comments: